Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin Centre Wheel "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Grant Perry
posted
Hello:
I have been trying (without success) to find a replacement centrewheel for a 19J 18s, grade 240, class 91 BWR #14,814,031 BW Raymond Elgin.
Can anyone tell me if these are somewhat interchangeable between models? I know the grade 240 has a gold wheel, but at this point I would be happy to get it running. The existing wheel is bent. It looks to me like someone tried to remove the ms barrel and bent the wheel. I did get a replacement wheel, but I still need the little screw down pinion as the original was damaged with the wheel. HELP!!! I am looking for either a complete centrewheel with the arbour, or just the little screw down pinion. Thanks again,
Gp

Grant Perry

Posts: 334 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: January 28, 2003
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Grant i may have a safety pinion i will take a look in the morning.here is a link to some parts alsohttp://cgi.ebay.com/03-4281-ELGIN-CENTER-WHEELS_W0QQite...ZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
Picture of Grant Perry
posted
HI Samie:
Thanks for the link! I have ordered some of the offending parts, so don't worry about looking through your material. I'll let you know how it works out.
Thanks again,
gp

Grant Perry

Posts: 334 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: January 28, 2003