Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Staking punch question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Hello Everybody, this question is in regard to a set of staking punches listed on ebay, in particular, the triangular one that the seller says is for tightening roller tables. Would anyone be able to shed some light on this for me. Thanks. Gary.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I have never used that trianglular punch but it was a No 12 punch by K&D & they say "Raises three slight burs equidistant about the hole of a roller, Actually, an emergency measure when a proper fitting roller or staff cannot be obtained"

So I guess what they are saying is it can be used to add some burrs to the roller table hole to make it fit a little snugger.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Hi,
That is exactly what that punch if for. Be careful with it so you don't damage the roller table. It can come in handy when you are using Swiss made replacements for American balance staffs. Many times they will be too slim for the roller table to fit properly.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003