Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

new york standard watch. numerous problems! "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Todd Verriere
posted
hi everybody todd here,
i just received a new york standard watch i purchased on epray.
it has numerous problems and i cannot express properly how much that excites me!
the case,crystal and dial are almost perfect!
in fact the case looks so good i think this watch spent its life in someones drawer.

Posts: 290 | Location: Montreal in Canada | Registered: January 11, 2015
Picture of Todd Verriere
posted
i almost didn't buy this watch but went after it thanks to the encouragement of David Abbe. thanks David.

Picture of Todd Verriere
posted
i am so excited about this watches numerous problems. another step in my education.
-it is fully wound but does not run at all.
-when i turn the crown the hands move whether the set lever is in or out.
the balance feels good.
going to start on this tomorrow. i'm sure i will be asking for a lot of help on this one!
so excited!!!

IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
I have several NYS's. From what you disclose it sounds like a simple problem to fix. Just take lots of pictures. Don't depend on the being wound to tight problem being in the Mainspring area. People ask questions and if the owner showed it to a few friends and each one took a turn of two in the stem, eventually it maxed out. eh. Problem could be anything from crossed and stuck hands to a broken pallet stone. Just go slow..........

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011