• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

LOOKING FOR - Waltham Wind Indicator Dial "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I'd like to try and locate a NOS dial,or at least one in near new condition for my Waltham 21J Riverside Wind Indicator Serial No. 20314399. Ideally somebody who could also install it for me.

Figure I
Cool

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
Figure II

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

posted
Dave, If you are not successful in getting a dial, have you tried soaking the dial to get the dirt out of the hairlines. The existing hairlines don't look too bad to me. I have had success with dials like this by soaking them in Mr Clean overnight. When done, the hairlines are still there, but not noticeable because the dirt is gone.

Tom

posted
Tom,
that's a great idea, I hadn't thought of that. If I'm unable to find a better dial, I may give your suggestion a try.

Thanks

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Tom talked about using mr. clean for hairlines i havent tried that product but will some time ,,there is another product that works great for hairlines also..If you dont use a ultarsonic cleaner try some polident denture cleaner it is made for procelian and workss great..take some warm water (dont use hot water)and let it soak overnight and it will make light hairlines dissaper..

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Dave
Don't forget to remove the dial from the movement before you soak it to remove the dirt from the hairlines.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002