• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 992 pallet bridge screw "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
OK - this one is MY fault. I'm putting the pallet bridge back on. Pallet is set, everything is going fine. Pick up the pallet bridge screw with my tweezers.... ZING. gone. I've been searching for hours. How in the world does a little screw like that dissappear.

So - If anyone has a Hamilton 992 pallet bridge screw in their parts box, I would gladly pay you for it!

Thanks again... (Ugh!)
David

Posts: 58 | Location: Dripping Springs, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: September 29, 2004
posted
David, That has happened to all of us at one time or another. The palate bridge from any 16S Hamilton will work.

Tom

posted
Thanks. Maybe I'll pick up one for parts (looks like I may need to collect some parts watches....)

-David

Posts: 58 | Location: Dripping Springs, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: September 29, 2004
IHC Life Member
RR Watch Expert
Picture of Ed Ueberall
posted
David,
One tool that many watchmakers find indispensible is a rubberized bar magnet. Run along the floor or carpet, it will find and pick up all the small parts you drop, aa long as they are made of steel. Just remember that this may magnetize any part it comes in contact with, so they should be demagnetized before being put back in the watch.
The magnet I use is about 18" long and will cover a lot of floor in a hurry. If you cannot find one locally, you might try Edmond Scientific.

Ed Ueberall
IHC Member 34
The Escapement

Posts: 620 | Location: Pooler, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted
David,
e-Mail me your address and I'll send one out to you.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
I'll check out a bar magnet. I'm sure that I'll need one. I sure am enjoying getting watches that have not run in years running again. The community here at Chapter 185 is unbelieveable. I'm looking forward to helping out some other folks as soon as I learn enough.

I did a bunch of careful hand cleaning today. Paying close attention to the jewels. It's amazing the amount of gunk that I've seen on the pinions.

Thanks again everyone!
David