• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

k and d 128 mainspring winder "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I bought this mainspring winder a while back and i do not know if it is complete or maybe a older k and d 128.
I could not follow the slide show that John made because it is not like that one.

IHC Member 261
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada

IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Kevin,

You may have the model K&D 127. Do you have just the one arbor handle? You should have at least three arbor handles (I think) to cover a wide variety of mainspring/barrel sizes. Is that a locking collar installed on the handle shaft? It should have a set screw which locks it to the handle.

John D. Duvall
NAWCC Member 144772
NAWCC IHC Happy Camper 192
Chapter 185 Watch Repair Moderator

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
John, there was only one handle and it has only one locking collar.It was sold as a 128.
I could not see how to use it properly.

IHC Member 261
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada

IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Kevin,

There are usually three handles. That should cover 6/0s to 18s. Always match the watch barrel arbor to the nearest size handle arbor.

Look at the attached picture. One locking collar may be all you need.

Hope this helps!

John D. Duvall
NAWCC Member 144772
NAWCC IHC Happy Camper 192
Chapter 185 Watch Repair Moderator

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
Thanks John a heck of alot.I am trading this mainspring winder in for a 128 from the same source that i bought the first one.
I really appreciate all the effort you put into giving me and other people answers.
This is what makes me happy to have joined this chapterI tried a few times to make this winder work so i thought best to be sure and trade it for one i know for sure is all there.

IHC Member 261
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada

posted
John i have a 128 now and will in the verry near future wind my first spring.I don,t have a vise to hold it yet but that is soon.
I was just wondering i paid a fair bit for this tool are they always expensive tools?

IHC Member 261
Chapter 111,Ottawa
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada