Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 920 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
I bought this as a parts watch primarily, but overall, it's in good shape. Well, except one corner. It looks like someone took a small crowbar in the area pictured. What do you suppose happened here? It looks like a plate was broken and soldered. The case is very nice, and the dial is perfect. Anyone have a 920 they want to sell so I can create a nice one? Roll Eyes

Larry

IHC Member 25
IHC Life Member (L6)

Posts: 661 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 07, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
pic2

IHC Member 25
IHC Life Member (L6)

IHC Life Member
posted
pic3

IHC Member 25
IHC Life Member (L6)

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Larry,

I get the impression someone actually tried to pry the barrel out of the watch by trying to force the ratchet wheel. "If you don't know what you're doing, don't do anything" comes to mind at a time like this!

How very sad.

Lindell

Roll Eyes

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Lindell, what's really a shame is the rest of the movement, out of the picture, is in very nice condition. Everything above the ratchet wheel is okay if not great. I wish who ever did this, would have taken a junker to practice on instead of a very nice watch. Frown

IHC Member 25
IHC Life Member (L6)