Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help with Bunn Special dial please "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Gentlemen,

I have just purchased an Illinois Bunn Special 21 jewel and I want to take the dial off and clean it with the Comet mentioned in the dial cleaning post. I have never taken off a pocket watch dial or replaced one as of yet and would appreciate some advice and pointers. I would also be very interested in purchasing a junk movement and dial to practice on if anyone has one available. This way I could build up the motor skills I will need before trying it out on the Bunn. I thank you all in advance for your help and input. The 185 has really encouraged me to pursue and enjoy this hobby.

John

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Well, you need a hand-puller, two screwdrivers, tweezers, movement holder or cushion, a loupe maybe x3, Rodico (everyone needs rodico!), hand pushers or staking tools. Best thing to do is look at Duvalls lesson and figure it out.

Have fun!

Frank "407" Kusumoto

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
posted
Frank,

What is Rodico? I have never of this before.