Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Spaceview Accutron "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
I picked up a nice looking spaceview accutron and put a new battery in it. It starting humming and took off running. The watch seemed to run fine and keep time. A couple days later I picked it up off my desk and it had stopped. I thought maybe a bad battery or maybe an older one I had in stock. I popped another new battery in and again it started right up. Then I checked it a couple days later and it was stopped again. I do not feel that both batteries were that old or defective and wondered if some component in these watches when they go bad drain a battery or what the problem could be. Any ideas???? Confused

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Rob,

Have you tested the cells to see if they are dead or may the watch simply stopped. There are a number of tests that are done during service that test for correct current draw.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Ya I thought of that today and the battery checked out ok so I poped it back in and it took off again, so I have a problem with it not staying running and maybe the fiddling with changing the battery bumps it enough to get it going. Thanks.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006