Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bought a couple cheap tools "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
I've been picking up some tools lately, some ok, some not so good. I don't have any formal training, only from textbooks and trial and error, so take this with a grain of salt. I bought a set of 9 Suisstek screwdrivers, French made, off eBay, and I've been happy with them, way less money than Bergeron or Horotec. Got a cheapie demagnetizer from China, seem ok, a puffer, also China, get one from anywhere, a set of brass tweezers from Eslinger, pass on these, spend the money to get get tweezers, along with some Rodico, recommended, and a few wristwatch crystals, prices good on these.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Member 1691
posted
Mate, it's a slippery slope with watchmaking tools - I've done pretty much the same thing, but the variety of tools on offer is too alluring and a drain on the wallet Smile.

Regards

Peter in Oz

Posts: 259 | Location: Melbourne in Australia | Registered: March 19, 2012