Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Watchmaker in Phoenix? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Charley Thomas
posted
Does anyone know of a watchmaker in the Phoenix area that they would recommend for pocket watches – mostly COA and some repairs? I see from numerous posts I would be well served by some IHC members out of state and I have already dealt with an excellent watchmaker in the Midwest but it would be nice if I could avoid the cost, effort and risks associated with shipping.

Charley

Posts: 24 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona in the USA | Registered: August 05, 2009
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Charley,

Welcome to the group, can I add one thought, saving in sales tax for out of state work is often the cost of shipping Big Grin not to mention USPS picks up at your door so saving the gas & time also. Smile

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Quote:

"I see from numerous posts I would be well served by some IHC members out of state"

UnQuote:

You said it Charley....

We have some of the best in the business....

I'm in California and regularly use Chris for work that is needed on my watches....Never had a problem....and the turnaround is very good....

To answer your question, though, I do not know of any watchmakers in the Phoenix Metroplex and have many friends and business contacts in the area....in fact, I was born in Phoenix....but, I'm sure there are many in the area, just be careful of who you choose....

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Thank you Jerry! I'm not hearing anything yet about Phoenix so I'd rather go with one of our friends here than anywhere else.

Charley

posted
Thanks also to Chris. I hadn't considered that in-state cost for sales tax. Your web site is very impressive along with many excellent referrals from other members - I think we might be doing business in the future!

Charley

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Charley, that is entirely your decision and everyone here will respect your decision....you will get no flak here my friend....
If you have a friend that can do the job for you, by all means stick with him....or her which ever the case may be....

Just a side note, sometimes a member will post photos of their watch before having it worked on and then when it is received back, post more photo's as an 'after' post....this is sometimes very interesting....

Good Luck,

Regards,

Jerry

posted
Good idea on the before and after pictures Jerry, I'll remember that! The friends I was referring to would be one of our of expert watch makers right here at IHC185. Smile

Charley

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Oh..., that's kool.... Wink We have a bunch of them....

Regards,
Jerry

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Charley, here is an example of a before and after of Chris's work.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
I almost forgot the important part!

posted
Wow! The pictures are truly amazing - what a transformation! Thanks for sharing.

Charley

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Those look like the before/after photos of my keywind Illinois 11j after Chris got his hands on it. Smile

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002