WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Dismanteling an old broken pocket watch - questions "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bob Williams
posted
First off I am not sure this question is for this discussion group or should it be under a more technical discussion group ?

If you want to remove the workings of the watch from the case , I know that there are two screws that need to be removed, but I don't know what to do with winding/setting stem. The stem goes through the case , the one I am looking at today is an Elgin size 12. This is a really beat up watch so I am not afraid of making mistakes , any insight as to how to get the stem out through the case ?

Thank you inadvance

Am I in the right group ?

Bob Williams

Posts: 52 | Location: Toledo, Ohio in the USA | Registered: March 05, 2008
posted
Bob, I think it would make more sense to take this question over to the "Watch Repair Questions and Answers" group.

Good luck!

Posts: 94 | Location: Collinsville, Virginia in the USA | Registered: January 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Bob, I would like to talk to you for a few minutes about your efforts. Please e-mail me how we could do that at david@glopar.com

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007