Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin 571- can't get movement out of case "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
I have an elgin 571 that i can't get out of the case. Factory case with the cutout, stem is removed. Are these just tight or is there some trick. Also the threads have been damaged on the case body, I want to try to straighten them, any advice is appreciated.

Gary

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
There is a little lever (NOT a lever set) that may be pushing on the side of the case and holding it in. Usually with the stem in the up position and the case screws removed they will come out. I have had some that I had to fight with but eventually I got them out. Be sure you are trying to pull it out from the train side and not the dial side. Relax and look at the unit. Something has to be catching or it would fall out. If that don't work just put it in a box and mail it to yourself. USPS will have it in parts by the time you get it.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011