WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help with a staking set. ( Received. Thanks a lot ) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1902
posted
I recently acquired a staking set which looks pretty good, now that I've refurbished the punches and remade the box, so It's almost ready to use.

I also obtained the punch layout from an old post on the forum.

Can anyone help me with information as to what all of the weird shaped punches and stumps are for.

Is there a catalogue available which would tell me what I need to know or does anyone here have details they are willing to share.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks, Mike

Posts: 575 | Location: Walsall in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 19, 2013
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Mike,
You don't say what brand you have, but I just sent you an email with an attachment.

Take a look.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1902
posted
Thanks a lot for that Dave.

Some of the punches are K&D but the majority are GF and the tool has G&F so I think it is actually a GF set but I can't find any record of the name anywhere.

I didn't give the name because I thought that the stakes would do the same job even if they were different manufacturers.

I've received your email but unfortunately it won't open.

Have you any other way of doing it.

Posts: 575 | Location: Walsall in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 19, 2013
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Mike,

Should open with Adobe Reader.

I'll try and send it another way if I can.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1902
posted
Dave, I don't know what you did but it worked.

Thanks very much, you have solved my problem.

What a great club this is !

posted
Hi Dave, I am in the same situation without knowledge of all the operations of the staking set I own. Mine is a GF. If not too much trouble could I also get a PDF. Email is: karimn40@comcast.net
By the way nice meeting you in the virtual world of high speed internet. Found my first mentor that way. Would appreciate your help.
Best regards. Karim. Fresno, Ca

Posts: 25 | Location: Fresno, California in the USA | Registered: June 29, 2013
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Don't know about GF, but I sent you K&D.
Should be quite similar.

Dave Turner

IHC Member 1902
posted
Hi Karim, Daves information is excellent and even if it's a different make you can still make sense of it. Good diagrams etc. Thanks again Dave.

posted
Thank you Dave. And thank you Mike for bringing up the question.

Posts: 25 | Location: Fresno, California in the USA | Registered: June 29, 2013