Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

How to use Balance Calipers "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Just a little FYI that got me to wondering how many members had actually read any articles on how to use a set of calipers. Waltham kind of pat's them selves on the back as it's their calipers featured.
But it is an interesting read. I think it would apply to any caliper. Most key boards let you hold down Ctrl and roll the mouse wheel to get a bigger picture.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Pat these are one of the most important tools for correcting or truing a bent balance wheel. From personal experience, I can recommend that every person have one if they expect to get past just cleaning, oiling and looking at watches. This one is an exceptionally fine one which INCLUDES THE TRUING TOOL!

It is on eBay now at;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintag...&hash=item3382deeba1

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
I have one exactly like that one Dave, and I didn't realize just how handy it was until I started using it.

Patrick, I didn't know that about the keyboard on the computer. That is GREAT!! Smile

Thank you!

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Lawrence, Glad you like that little trick.
David, I have the Waltham pair used in the ad and also 2 Bergeon sets and exactly the same set you picture. I use them all at different times for different size wheels and pinions. My favorites-----The Waltham set with no screw.
Thank you guys for your input.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011