Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 946 Motor Barrel "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 456
posted
Are the center arbor and winding wheel screwed together and designed to be taken apart or are they riveted together or friction fit?

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
My recommendation, leave them alone, they only turn when the watch is wound anyway. Try to sneak some oil into the plate-side face of the arbor that faces the I.D. Plate.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 456
posted
Thanks David, I know I don't really need to disassemble this and will oil it after cleaning but I was just curious as to whether this was a factory "permanent" connection?
Mike

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Mike, I thiunk it is meant as a permanent assembnly.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Michael i have had these apart a few times they thread apart .

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 456
posted
Ok Dave & Samie, thanks, I figured Hamilton probably would make it to come apart. Now that I know, next time I can try turning with a bit more force.
Mike