Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

16s, NYS Perfection won't run. FIXED "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
16s, NYS Perfection won't run

This is a beautiful watch in a gold case. Flat on its back, face up it keeps time to with in a minute a day but any other position kills it. it's not totally in beat as it will not self start but just a tap in the palm of my hand and she is running. Why does the position change stop it.
(Sometimes)
Patrick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
posted
Hi Patrick,

The first thing which comes to mind with positional issues is the balance staff and or balance jewels. (Hole and cap) Could be other reasons, but this is a good place to start.

Rob
www.pocketwatchrepairs.net

Posts: 580 | Location: Kingsport, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: November 26, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Thanks Rob, I'll check it out.
I didn't think anything was wrong with it as I just bought if from the auction in our club. It was supposed to be a gold case and I can find no gold markings at all. It was supposed to be a good runner and it's not even a runner. I'll just keep it for the case.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
dirt or damaged jewel . . . maybe in transit. Also, if that is the NYS Perfection, the hairspring looks a little awkward . . . mebbe a demag is needed.
btw, that is a factory cased watch and as marked "20 years" is gold clad or plated. Nice lookin case too.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007