Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Monday morning first job "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Monday morning I pull out my first job of the week a fishscale 24J bunn, great dial case, rose gold jewels brown with age,
I give it a gentle swing look at the balance the hairspring undulates like a writhing ocean then jams as the arms wedge on the plate maybe under the weight of metal work forced into every hole, I lift it to find the simple Monday morning start gone. Looks like I need some parts, love the improvised mean time screws with washers floating around I no doubt would find more if I looked at the movement. Will have to ask was it a ebay bargain..

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
Could end up an all week monday job!!

Have fun!

Steve

Posts: 692 | Location: Washington in the USA | Registered: May 23, 2010
IHC Member 1851
posted
0nly one pair of holes empty , better fill em up

Posts: 207 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado in the USA | Registered: April 23, 2013
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
How was it ever poised?

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
I doubt there was ever a attempt to poise he just kept jamming screws in it also has a huge wobble,

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Member 1613
posted
Then the hairspring collet is cracked too...Looks like a lot of fun..

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011