Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Electric 505 contact repair possible? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 456
posted
Hi, Does anyone have experience repairing or replacing the contacts on a Hamilton Electric 505 movement? Specifically, half of the indexing jewel is covered with a contact which is worn almost all the way through. Is there a way to repair this?
Also, the index wheel pivot/contact is worn flat. If the contact teeth are ok, I suppose the wheel could be "repivoted", but does anyone know what the material is? It is supposed to run without lubrication.
Thanks,
Mike

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005
posted
Michael,

Is this the item you are looking for?

Battery clip

Maybe you could contact this seller and see if he could help you as he always seems to have Hamilton watch parts.
Good luck,

IHC Member 456
posted
Thank you Phil! I wasn't looking for the battery clip but I see that the seller has sold the part I am looking for last month. I have emailed him already to find out if he has any more. I never thought of checking ebay for a part like that.
I may even bid on the battery clip while he has some.
Thanks again,
Mike

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005