• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Any ideas "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a watch which was running perfectly, then just stopped, balance oscillates but pallets don't move, any thoughts on what could be the issue. Hasn't been dropped or even moved, always sits in same position. Is it possible that thr roller jewel has broken, has anyone got any thoughts

TJP

Posts: 83 | Location: Sleepy Sussex, United Kingdom | Registered: February 14, 2008
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Terry,
It sounds like the roller jewel broke or fell out.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Thanks Brian, I wondered if that was the problem. Is it something that could be attempted by a novice like me or should I get it to a watchmaker

TJP

Posts: 83 | Location: Sleepy Sussex, United Kingdom | Registered: February 14, 2008
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Hi Terry,
The Watch Repairer's Manual by Henry B. Fried shows just how to replace a roller jewel. If you don't have this book, it's one you should get. Then you decide whether or not to attempt the job.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002