Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Wristwatch back plate "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1357
posted
I have a wrist watch that I can't get the back cover back on.Although it is a cheap Russian watch it keeps very good time.Upon recipt of watch I wound it and worn it a couple of days and was really impressed with it's accuracy so I popped off the back to see the movement and jewel count and was surprised to find it stamped 21 jewels.Now the cover will not snap into place.It doesn't appear to be bent out of round.I had two jewelers try to replace it to no avail.I even put it in freezer overnite thinking that might solve the problem,of course it didn't.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks,Roger

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Rodger, you may have caused more serious problems putting it in the freezer, moisture, I would at least leave the back off for a while somewhere warm maybe in the sunlight and hope its ok. The back may well need a professional press to refit it or the case adjusting, if you have a watchmaker locally he should have the press, Jewelers tend to have the basic ones, and often damage the cases using them incorrectly, I get a few from the locals here who crush the case making it impossible to press on and need to freshen the case lip If you get no joy you may want to consider posting it to me.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003