• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 992 part needed! "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I'm restoring a Hamilton 992, and I need the regulator spring (the u shaped spring that puts pressure on the regulator bar). Anyone have a parts watch and wish to sell the spring assembly?

Thanks,
David Douglas
Austin, TX

Posts: 58 | Location: Dripping Springs, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: September 29, 2004
posted
David, A regulator spring from any 16S Hamilton will fit your 992. If you were to get one from a 974, etc, there may be a little difference on the quality of finish, but it will fit and be functional.

Tom

posted
i believe S LaRose may still have some of these...

www.slarose.com

Use the link to get the PHONE # and call them... ask for a regulator whip spring..

or try tom mister....

www.dashto.com

"I think" that is his website...

Picture of Carlos Flores
posted
Dave,
Uncle Larry has the regulator spring at 15 dls.
This is the link:hamilton parts
S. LaRose has also them with 3 flavors: 383C, 383A and 3662, all of them at $17.47 ea., other memebers can give the rigth number?. This is the link, type "Hamilton regulator spring":Search S. LaRose

Posts: 325 | Location: Near Mexico City, Mexico | Registered: July 05, 2003
posted
Thanks! I ordered ond from S Larose, but they did not have the set screw. Does anyone know what size set screw is needed to mount the spring to the bridge?

Posts: 58 | Location: Dripping Springs, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: September 29, 2004
posted
Scratch that - it does come with the set screw!

posted
One other question - the regulator spring that I ordered from Larose has the bottom set pin installed in the spring. My watch has that pin still embedded in the bridge. What is the best way to remove that pin to make it available for the new spring assembly?

Thanks Again!

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Welcome to Chapter 185 David.

If memory serves, some Hamilton movements may have been made that way. Perhaps the pin can be removed from one or the other very carefully with small needle-nosed pliers. Filing the pin off the new whip-spring would be a last-ditch effort.

Others with more experience in this area may have an alternative method.

Lindell

Smile

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002