Internet Horology Club 185
Rennant Lathe?

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3426047761/m/4686056933

June 05, 2003, 20:32
Tony Ciccotelli
Rennant Lathe?
Hi Folks....has anyone ever heard of a "RENNANT"...
I think that's what it says....Lathe....hard to read under all this paint...how do I determine the SIZE of this Lathe?
June 07, 2003, 00:28
Tony Ciccotelli
OK...So nobody's ever heard of this Lathe...neither have I...however ....I'm in the process of restoring it....I'll post some pictures when I'm done...but...can someone tell me what to measure in order to determine if this thing is a 8mm lathe?
June 07, 2003, 00:52
John D. Duvall
Tonyzee,

On my 8mm lathe, I just took digital calipers and measured inside the throat of the headstock (where the barrel or shank portion of collet would fit). It measured 7.99 mm.

Sorry but that's all I could come up with.

John D. Duvall
NAWCC Member 144772
NAWCC IHC Happy Camper 192
Chapter 185 Watch Repair Moderator
June 07, 2003, 08:48
Mike Miller
It the lathe built in the style of American Lathes (Large milled bed, half rounf with flat top) or European design (tubular bed)?

Mike Miller
June 08, 2003, 01:37
Tony Ciccotelli
The bed of this lathe is flat...top and bottom..the sides are flat....so...it's more or less square....the head is strange....it's adjustable...it can rotate 360 deg. on the horizontal plane....I had to build a stand for it and tidy it up....I now have the motor apart for repair....I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow. Thanks for your input.
June 10, 2003, 01:00
Tony Ciccotelli
OK...I got this thing cleaned up and put together...unfortunatelly...the original base did not come with this unit...thus....I had to make something do....the motor runs good...it's a K&D
with reversable switch....the head stock will rotate 360...I guess so that indexing wheel can be usded???...well anyway ...any input or opinions about this lathe would be appreciated.

June 10, 2003, 01:05
Tony Ciccotelli
Another view

June 11, 2003, 05:26
Steve Maddox
I think I've heard of "Pennant" lathes, but I can't remember anything about them.

Perhaps someone can look into that.......

===================

Steve Maddox
President, NAWCC Chapter #62
North Little Rock, Arkansas