Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

How do I remove this dial? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
I'm trying to find the key to removing the dial from my Mathey-Tissot bumper movement. There are no obvious screws and I see no way to loosen the dial for removal. I've searched the archives but see no solution.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave Turner

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hard to say without better photos, normally at the edge two small screws often at a angle, sometime deep inside a small hole, or on top of the movement itself that look like plate screws and are in fact skirt screws, or maybe a press fit, a very careful flex of the dial edge can indicate where the holding points are hope that helps good photos of all four side would help.
PS sometimes press fit that is now glued on hard!....

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks again Chris,
I'll take a closer look at it considering your suggestions. So far, the only dials I've looked at have the small screws at the side of the watch. Assumed that's what I'd see here.
Meanwhile, I'm going to investigate a better camera for closeups. I'm using a 4.0 MM pixel Fuji A340.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Well Chris, you saved me one more time! You were right, there are two skirt screws that hold that dial on!

Sure is easy if you know what you're doing. It's obvious, I don't.

Now I have another problem, before I got into it this watch ran fine, now the bumper mechanism doesn't work.

So, I took the bridge off the "automatic winding wheel and stop click" and now I'm not sure where the fine spring wire attached to the click was located.

Hope this picture shows what I'm talking about.

Dave Turner

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
try flipping the click over,

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Chris,
I'm relearning the value of patience, persistence, humility and a little prayer!
I've finally got the Mathey-Tissot reassembled and working again. And, all I wanted to do was send the dial off for refinishing!

Thanks for your help. (Again)

Dave Turner