• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

PROJECT BALL HAMILTON 999B "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am so pleased that I am to belong to IHC 185!!

It is very refreshing to ask for a little assistance, and receive an abundance of technical and material help.

I am in the process of restoring a very nice Ball Hamilton 999b pocket watch. Needing a replacement dial (original dial is completely trashed), I placed a request in the IHC 185 Local Chapter Trading Mart section of this discussion site, under the heading Chapter 185 Members Only "WANTED TO BUY". In no time at all I received an offer for a dial from Mike Nardick, and shortly thereafter, I also received an email from Lindell Riddle with yet another dial offer! Of all places, Lindell had found the correct melamine dial for this movement in an eBay auction! He placed the winning bid for a whopping $12.50 plus shipping!! Sure can't beat the price!!!
Lindell then suggested that I contact Ricky Hicks for a set of correct Hamilton hands to complete the dial of my project watch. Ricky did have an extra set of hands and sold them to me for a very nominal price.
With the help of these IHC 185 members, I will soon have this watch in running order for a whole lot less than I ever expected.

What a great experience it is to be surrounded by such helpful individuals.

Thank you IHC 185 members!!!
Big Grin Big Grin

Phil Dellinger
NAWCC# 157070
IHC Life Member (L12)

[This message was edited by Phil D on May 14, 2003 at 0:12.]