Internet Horology Club 185
Hamilton 992b Setting Problem

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3426047761/m/3523919977

September 09, 2013, 17:39
Keith Klimkowicz
Hamilton 992b Setting Problem
I have a mid 40’s Hamilton 992b and the winding and setting clutch is stuck. I can not back wind or pull the set arm out. I have tried a drip of lighter fluid down the on the winding arbor. Still stuck.

How does that assembly come off the plate?
September 10, 2013, 12:38
Gary E. Cochran
Keith,
If you let mainspring down and take the big winding gear off and remove the mainspring barrel plate..There is a clip the holds the winding pinion in..If you just remove the clip the whole assembley should lift out..Also take the dial off and check the gears under it..
September 10, 2013, 17:01
Keith Klimkowicz
Gary

I did all that you said, and the assembly will not come out. I have pushed, pulled, pried (not so hard to do any harm)beat, poked and prayed still did not move. I am stumped on this one. Next total breakdown and a long soak.

Thanks
September 10, 2013, 17:52
Gary E. Cochran
Wow..They are usually very easy to lift out..Did the watch wind??I know you said it wouldn't turn backwards..If it winds I would try to find a stem that fits in the winding arbor and with the clip out I would turn it and try to lift at the same time..If that doesn't work I guess it time to soak..I can't think of anything else that would be holding it in..
September 11, 2013, 21:20
Keith Klimkowicz
Gary

Wow it was stuck good... I finely got the darn thing free and working like it should. The watch is now running, winding, setting and so far keeping time. This was a good investment as I purchase this 992b in a very nice #10 case, 536 dial with clipped 10 and beautiful black hour minute & second hands. I am so happy when thing work out, Thanks.

Keith
September 13, 2013, 13:49
Gary E. Cochran
Yea!!!Glad you got it unstuck and fixed...Gary