• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

LIP Type Courant Bezel Removal "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi folks and a belated thanks to all of you who made me welcome when I inadvertently hijacked Paul Trombley's thread My new computer clock... just for funby stating it was my first post on this forum. My apologies Paul.

I recently purchased a LIP Type Courant open face pocket watch which works well - or did.

I decide that the case need some TLC in the form of cleaning and whilst polishing away, the minute hand came off and is now floating around the dial face.

Before I take a sledgehammer to this thing, can someone advise me as to whether the bezel is of the screw off type or the prise off type.
At the moment the bezel is resisting any attempts to being removed from the watch. There is a small slot near the pendant which seems to suggest that it is prise off but, trying to get a case knife in there is virtually impossible.

Your advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Regards

David

Posts: 72 | Location: Clacton On Sea, Essex, in the United Kingdom | Registered: March 15, 2014