Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham 16s model 99 Riverside staff "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 525
posted
I bought a watch with a broken staff with the intention of fitting a new staff part # 4861. As you can see the old staff with its parts is a bit of a hybrid with shoulders for the balance & the roller & the balance arm has had some heat on it @ the centre. I can`t believe it left the factory with this type of staff. I guess my best bet now is to start afresh & find another staff + parts similar to the #4861.
Derek

Posts: 106 | Location: North Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: May 05, 2005
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Derek,
Hard to see from the photograph, but it looks like you have the old press fit staff in the hub, try driving out the old press fit then refit the hub and finally the new staff/roller, you no doubt will need to straighten the wheel and re poise after.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Member 525
posted
Just been looking @ John Duvalls " Helping Hand Tutorials " , Waltham Watchmaker Handbook which explains all on page 26.
Still have the problem of the oversize roller table internal diameter to solve but @ least I`m learning.

Posts: 106 | Location: North Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: May 05, 2005