Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which staff? Elgin Father Time "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
I have 1 units.

A "Father Time" 16s, 21 jewel serial 22319826.

Grade 454, Elgin watch parts.com calls for a 2532C staff & another calls for a 2532.
I have,out of stubbornness, broke three 2532C's and the 2532 does not fit at all. The other unit calls for a 861 in another with a note 49. A note which I can't find.
All help is appreciated.
Patrick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
If at all possible, I saved the "old" staff to match with the "New" one as I found all too often that the last "repair" became creative and the watch may have been "revised" (changing Jewel heights, etc.) to fit the "old" staff.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Yes David, you are correct. I always save all the parts until the unit is running satisfactorily.
However this one is butchered to the point of being unrecognizable.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011