WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Please help..looking for a Elgin part to my pocket watch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1142
posted
I need a fourth wheel with the seconds pivit, my seconds pivit is broken off. This would be for a Elgin 1881 size 16 grade 93 11 J Convertible. If anyone knows where I might be able to get one please let me know.
Thanks
Leonard
(607)863-3736
lacat@frontiernet.net

Posts: 220 | Location: McDonough, New York in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Leonard

I have a 16s 1883 Grade 49 15 jewel convertable, that has a good 4th wheel but needs a balance staff & center wheel, do you know if the parts on mine would fit yours?

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Member 1142
posted
NO I DONT KNOW IF THEY WILL FIT BUT IF YOU WANT TO SELL IT GIVE ME A PRICE, IM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PARTS THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY
LEONARD

Posts: 220 | Location: McDonough, New York in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
Leonard,

My bet is Chris Abell could make that pivot for you.

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3006013713/m/7771058762

Tom, your generosity makes me proud.

Don

Posts: 504 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: April 02, 2005
Watchmaker
Picture of Leon Harris
posted
Hi Leonard, I have a Elgin Material book it has the same numbers for the grade 93 & 49 - 4th wheel.

4th wheel and pionion part #1027

So they should interchange.

Posts: 296 | Location: Livingston, Tennessee USA | Registered: May 20, 2006
IHC Member 1142
posted
THANK YOU TOM AND THANK YOU DON AND IF YOU ARE OUT THERE LEON IM GAME. THIS IS WHAT A FAMILY IS ALL ABOUT !
LEONARD

IHC Member 1142
posted
DON,
YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT, GENEROSITY .IF YOU ARE GOING FORWARD WITH ONE HAND REACH BACK FOR SOMEONE ELSE WITH THE OTHER. AND WHAT I HAVE GAINED FROM IT WITH OUT ASKING IS UNBELIEVABLE.
LEONARD

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Welcome aboard Leonard. I see you have wasted no time in finding out what IHC185 is all about.Smile

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Leonard

If you give me your mailing address off site I will mail you the parts, glad to hear they will interchange. My email is thomasgbrown@msn.com

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Member 1142
posted
LEON I MEANT TO THANK YOU AS WELL, I GOT THE NAMES GHANGED AROUND. SORRY ABOUT THAT.
LEONARD

IHC Member
posted
Nice goin' you guys! Let's keep showin' the world how to live!

Marty

Watchmaker
Picture of Leon Harris
posted
Leonard, Dont worry about it, and welcome aboard.

Posts: 296 | Location: Livingston, Tennessee USA | Registered: May 20, 2006