Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

18s Seth Thomas Regulator Spring Needed "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Hi all, have a Seth Thomas with a broken set screw in the regulator spring. Looking for either a decent replacement, or even the screw as I'm sure I can get whats left of the old one out. Some previous owner thought a shim of wood would do the job. I have removed the regulator spring for now as the watch itself runs very well.

Thank you, Roland.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Its an 18 size model 5 with 15 jewels. I've seen this regulator spring on similar models (pictured here), but just need this part not the whole movement.

Thanks again, Roland.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here are the dimensions of this regulator spring that I'm looking for. It's actually quite small compaired to even the ones used on some railroad 16s movements. So if even I can adapt a regulator spring from another manufacturer including Swiss movements that would be great.

Thanks again, Roland.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Well just to follow up on this.
I found a regulator spring/whiplash that fits, but isn't a Seth Thomas part.
It's from a 16s Ball Record.
The 2 mounting screw holes actually lined up.
The only thing is that the hoop is a little large.

So, still looking for the right piece. Maybe a whiplash off a Swiss, Illinois etc 14s will fit.
Any ideas or leads appreciated.

Roland

R. Glenn