Reply to Post

NEW Electronic Parts Charts "FREE" "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
IHC-185 parts chart
Reference / Cross reference chart
Mainsprings, Staffs, Barrels & Hands
I have been putting together a database chart in Microsoft excel that contains most of the Numbers for parts for Elgin’s and Waltham’s. It has been two weeks in the making and I have decided to release it to 185 Members for the asking. A small donation to the club would be nice but will not be asked for or kept tract of. To use it after you receive it is easy. CAUTION – If you have hair now and don’t know Excel you won’t have hair tomorrow. Be willing to learn the basics of Excel. Excel is really a Spreadsheet but I use it as a Data Base too. I think it faster and more flexible than databases and can also be used to count your items, add your values and so on all on the same page.
1. At the bottom left you will see these tabs. Mainsprings, Staffs, Barrels & Hands. Click on the desired tab to open that page. (I am working on Hairsprings now)(Jewels will be next)
2. After you open the page in the upper right you will see a icon of a binocular. Click on it. This will give you a search engine. Just type the number of the part on the appropriate line and click on find. This will give you the watches that use that part or look under the size of your watch, in the appropriate section ( Elgin or Waltham)and it will give you the part number or you can cross reference to other units that use the same parts. The neat thing is you can add whatever you wish to the list. Insert a new tab at the bottom of the page, name it and then create you magic. If you have a list of Balance Wheel #’s you can type in the Wheels and their respective #’s and have that in your chart too.
I am not a programmer. This is a Beta experiment. It you screw it up and want to blame it on the program or the computer that’s OK, Just contact me and I will try to help you fix it. I’m not ever sure this is a good idea, but I am about to find out.
OK, Who's Gonna be the first?
Patrick.....YOU CAN ALSO GET PARTS INFORMATION AT HOROLOGYINMOTION.ORG/
Available starting 04-01-12. You MUST be an IHC Member and send you member # with your request.
Even to buy a membership for $12.00 is still worth the price. Testing is now complete with success. The Open Office Spread Sheet will also work with this program as long as you set it up to recognize the Excel Extension.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
posted
Patrick, I think it is a great idea! Please send me one.

thanks Bob

Posts: 346 | Location: Woodland Hills, California in the USA | Registered: January 07, 2011
posted
Patrick, I'll give it a try.

Richard

Posts: 94 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: February 21, 2012
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Patrick my hat to ya Great Idea.
please send me one.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ronny Manis
posted
Count me in. Thanks

Posts: 171 | Location: Cookeville, Tennessee USA | Registered: July 25, 2005
posted
Great work, I'd love a copy as well

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
Picture of Dan Carter
posted
Hey Patrick, I will give it a try. If we have any additions or changes, do we just send them to you?

Posts: 407 | Location: Northern Virginia in the USA | Registered: October 08, 2011
posted
Hi, I am not able to down load any file. Am I doing something wrong? Have u posted it somewhere else?

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
This is a great idea, Patrick....please send it to me as well....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Patrick,
Searching for Elgin part no. for a balance staff and found this!
Please send me the file. And Thank you, thank you, thank you.!!!
By the way, I do use excel, but don't have much hair left anyway.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
CAn u send me a copy as well.
Do u need my email address?

IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Dan,
If you make any changes they are your personal property and you may keep them or send them to me and I will post them to the data base so others may enjoy them also.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Member 1369
posted
Ummmmm, Patrick, did you notice that previous posts were from 2 years ago?

Posts: 542 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 10, 2010
posted
I've only just seen this now, but if this is still available then I could use a copy, thanks,
Joe

Posts: 78 | Location: Nottingham in the United Kingdom | Registered: March 30, 2013
posted
Hi Patrick
me to
please
gracias

rgds
malcolm

Posts: 30 | Location: Queensland in Australia | Registered: May 09, 2013
posted
Please add me to this growing list as well.

Regards

David

Posts: 72 | Location: Clacton On Sea, Essex, in the United Kingdom | Registered: March 15, 2014