Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hampden jeweled barrel question? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Kenny Drafts
posted
Could someone tell me how to remove the barrel from a Hampden, 16s, 19j, model 4, "Railway" movement with a jeweled "motor" barrel? The barrel part is inset in the plate and turns just fine but won`t lift out easily and I don`t want to force it. Can`t see anything that`s retaining it but something sure is! Thanks! Smile

Kenny

Hampden Railway

Posts: 359 | Location: Lexington, South Carolina USA | Registered: July 28, 2003
posted
Kenny i do not have answer for you, but i love your diagrams and pictures you make.They really help explain the problem and show things very well.
You have a great talent in this area.
Wish i could of helped you.

Picture of Kenny Drafts
posted
Got it! Simply turned the barrel cap backwards which disengaged the arbor from the mainspring. Lifted cap off and gained access to three screws which held the jewel housing/bezel to the plate.

Cool

Thanks for the compliment Kevin.

Smile

Kenny

Posts: 359 | Location: Lexington, South Carolina USA | Registered: July 28, 2003