WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Technical, Shop Talk and Internet Links  Hop To Forums  Watch Repair Questions and Answers    Question on where to find a new crystal and crown for this Hamilton
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Question on where to find a new crystal and crown for this Hamilton "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I'm a newbie to this forum, but understand it's the best place to go for information on American-made wristwatches.

I'm trying to source a replacement crown and crystal for this watch.

Is there anyone out there who could point me in the right direction?

I appreciate any assistance anyone can give.

Thanks much in advance,
gatorcpa

Posts: 19 | Location: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: September 07, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Finding an original crystal will be almost impossible - so you need to find a Co. who can cut one out of glass or plastic. US members should know of where, (I am in England so unable to help).

Crowns turn up on eBay - but beware these early crowns have a wider thread for the stem than modern crowns, and also need a wider than usual hollow inside the crown to fit over the large diameter stem tube.

A 987A movement will also fit your watch exactly.
email me on a private topic basis for more data.

dan

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
Dan -

From the post above, you seem to have something more to say.

I can't seem to be able to reach you through this system.

Can you send an e-mail through this board? If so, please enlighten me.

Thanks for your help,
Evan

posted
Click on Dan Mitchell's name that's in blue to the left of his post. Then click his "Public Profile".

That should get you the info you need.

Posts: 95 | Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida USA | Registered: January 16, 2006
posted
Tim -

That is the part I can't access. Is it because I am registered to post, but still a "guest"?

Evan

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
That would be the reason.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002