Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

timing washers "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Benny Courtney
posted
I did a search and could not find any information on how timing washers are rated. Are timing washers rated by weight or by thickness, I have a small jar of washers that have been removed from parts movements and would like to know how to sort them.

Posts: 14 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2013
Picture of Billy Kuhn
posted
Benny I would think it would be by weight. If you add a heavy washer it will slow the watch down.

Hope this helps

Posts: 1012 | Location: Killen, Alabama in the USA | Registered: January 15, 2013
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

I do not know if any of these topics might help but by utilizing our Find Or Search feature, these came up...

Timing Washers

Posts: 5236 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Billy,the reason I thought about thickness is looking at how the mean timing screws work by moving the weight farther from the center thinking thickness would be easier to mass produce.

posted
Debbie, Thank you but I did use the search feature and could not find any discussion on the washers weight or thickness

posted
Benny

Timing washers work by adding mass to the balance.
The inner and outer diameter should fit to the diameters of the timing screws they are placed under. For a given diameter and the same material the weight and the thickness are proportional.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
sounds like what I wanted to know, I should be able to sort them by OD and thickness. Thanks for that info.