• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need Movado 405 Teardown Sheet "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a troubling Movado 405 on my bench. This thing has been torn down obviously before. Believe there is a gear missing in setting assembly. I would appreciate a exploded view of the setting components. Can someone help?

Jeff Crawford

Posts: 3 | Location: Roscoe, Illinois in the USA | Registered: January 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Can you post a picture of the setting mech and plate?

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Chris

At present this watch is torn down and in a divider tray. I was hoping that i could source an exploded picture of the setting assembly. As it sits now there is really very little that you can see. I believe that there is possibly a small eccentric gear that is missing? Date and day set but not the time. Looking carefully at it there seems this gear is absent between 4 different meshing gears. It is an overly complicated set mechanism.

Jeff

JJ

posted
As a followup I diagnosed the problem but I have another. This is the post I placed on the national message board:

I have a Movado 405 on my bench that I have found the problem with. The problem I face now is that I have no tech sheet on this watch and can not get one. This is a newer 36K B.P.H. with an offset 2nd wheel/pinion ***'y. On the opposing wheel end is a combination double gear time train drive and intermediate setting wheel. the double wheel is a friction fit ***'y on the 2nd wheel arbor. This double wheel ***'y is bad. I do not now if it is available as a specific part or is it part of the entire 2nd wheel. I have a list of available parts from my supplier but am unsure of the eb. pos. number or of its designation name. Can someone supply me with a tech sheet or at the least tell me the correct position number or designation name, of either this friction ***'y and/or the 2nd wheel ***'y? The supplier shows no 2nd wheel.

Jeff Crawford

JJ

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Jeff.

You have me confused there, when you say 2nd wheel are you talking about the wheel that carries the “second hand” and therefore calling it the 2nd wheel?
A picture of the movement/gears in question would help, is it a center second sweep driven from this “double wheel” then to a intermediate wheel feeding to the sweep second shaft pinion.?
If it is what I think you are referring to the 4th wheel, and this “double wheel” is the 4th and the other gear is the “wheel over the 4th “ that picks up the intermediate to drive the sweep, when you say bad, what do you mean lose? Bent, teeth gone?

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003