WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Another dumb Question about oilers. Thanks Mike. (Closed) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
I recently purchased a set of oilers and they came with a gold colored Item called an inserter. It has a rod that pulls out of the unit and it is split through the center. It is made buy Grobet-Vigor-Swiss. What am I supposed to do with it?????
Patrick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Member 456
posted
If it's what I think you are describing, it is a handle that holds a tiny replaceable piece with a short needle-like tip the size of a watch pivot. This is used to help oil jewels that have cap jewels. After you place a drop of oil into the hole jewel well, you place the needle of the inserter into the hole jewel to allow the oil to flow into the space between the hole jewel and cap jewel.

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005