Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Mainspring number needed for a Model 1908 Marquis "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1902
posted
Can anyone tell me how to get the correct part No. for a mainspring please.I have all the details of the spring but most sellers sell by the reference number.
Its for a mod 1908 Marquis size 16s and I assumed it would be easy to find. Are these thing rare or is it me looking in the wrong place.
I am new to this and being in the UK don't have all the information available yet.
I hope you all enjoyed a good Christmas

Posts: 575 | Location: Walsall in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 19, 2013
posted
quote:
Marquis size 16s

Mike

I think it's Waltham mainspring #2227 but better wait for an expert to confirm.
Big Grin

Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
IHC Member 1613
posted
Gerald I'm not an expert but you are right #2227...Mike if you measure thickness of your spring you will know the springs strength...Thickness runs from .15 to .18 mm...These springs should not be hard to find...

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Mike, if you need a mainspring chart, e-mail me and I'll e-mail you one.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Member 1902
posted
Thanks for the help.
Brian the charts you so kindly emailed me will prove invaluable. I will also keep your address on file so that if I have any requirements in the future I will be able contact you.
It's good to be a member such a group of helpful people.

Posts: 575 | Location: Walsall in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 19, 2013
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Thanks Mike, I'm glad I could help.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
Picture of Billy Kuhn
posted
Mike I have a few of the #2227 mainsprings. If you can not find one let me no.

V/R

Posts: 1012 | Location: Killen, Alabama in the USA | Registered: January 15, 2013
IHC Member 1902
posted
Thanks to all of you.I now have my head round it and all the information I need. Smile

IHC Member 1736
posted
Brian,

Thank you for the charts... as much fun as I have with the forensic parts matching game.. the charts take a lot of the guess work out.

Paul

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Member 1902
posted
Thanks for your offer Billy. Will come back to you when I've investigated the watch.