• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Monopol Watch Case Availability "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Perhaps this is not the correct forum to post this but forgive me, for I'm new!
Some time ago I purchased a very nice Swiss watch in a lot of movements. It is signed "Monopol" and is made by a company called Durstein. When I bought it I could not try to wind it, having no bench keys, but today I did wind it and found that it runs quite nicely. It's very clean and in good shape and now I would like to find a case for it.
I can only guess that an American watch case would not fit it. It's 44mm across the dial, I can't identify any case screws, and the dial is actually a bit smaller than the movement. The bench key I wound it with really seems a little small, but the next smaller one is too big, so I assume the stem is an odd size.
My question is this, does anyone have knowledge of a source for old Swiss watch parts and cases? I have to believe that there European watch enthusiasts too!
Thanks in advance!
John Heck

Posts: 4 | Location: Dayton, Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 09, 2013