Internet Horology Club 185
Need help on timing watches

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3426047761/m/2093925297

March 08, 2019, 22:48
Kevin Hoffman
Need help on timing watches
I have gotten better at servicing my watches over the last couple of months , I have a couple watches that are running slow and one running fast ,I don't have a timing machine , does any body use a phone app to time their watch and what type do you use , I have Clock Tuner, and Tic-O-print but can't make heads or tails , any help would be appreciated
March 09, 2019, 11:09
Samie L. Smith
Kevin go on ebay and screach for weishi no. 1000 it is a cheap timning machine that works great you check how many degress of amp check the beat etc. good machine without spending much money..

when i went from the old l&r b200 to a electronic timning machine i tried one of these before i spend 1000.00 plus dollars on the real nice timning machines to see how i would like them...

After the frist few times i tried it i decided i would never go back to the old machines again.

There is 2 different types of pickups for these get the one that be used for both pocket and wristwatches.
March 09, 2019, 11:38
Kevin Hoffman
Thanks Samie , I had a feeling that is where it would end up
March 10, 2019, 11:28
Serge Barlas
Hi Kevin,

I agree with Samie's advice... after a lot of research I pulled the trigger on a Weishi 1900 Time-grapher. This model has a color screen. very nice machine and simple to use.

Kindest regards,

Serge
March 10, 2019, 23:57
Kevin Hoffman
thanks Sergo , I started just wanting to make simple repairs , and now it has snowballed
March 11, 2019, 12:25
Serge Barlas
Yes Sir, I know exactly what your going through. I started down this path about 6 years ago and have learned a great deal and made some painful mistakes along the way. It is however very rewarding to bring a pocket watch back to life Big Grin

Kindest regards,

Serge