Tools
Reply to Post

Where can I buy Tungsten graver? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi

Can anyone point me towards a cheap supplier of tungsten carbide graver blank tips,
I have been told you can get the blanks about 2mm Sq x 2” for a couple of $ each I cant seem to find a supplier, can anyone help? I have found lots complete at $10 +++

Thanks in advance

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
This is the only tungsten carbide stock source I could find with a quick search. I suspect you would need to buy a lot of it.

quote:

Company: Hamilton Company INC
Address: 154 Pauline Street
City: Winthrop
State: MA
Zip: 02152
What TIME is it here?
Get Directions
Name: James DeMars II
Email: Click to Email
Phone: Click for Phone/Fax
REPORT ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION HERE
Specialties
Tooling & Accessories - Distributor
Tooling & Accessories - Manuf.

Company Description:

Hamilton Company is a distributor of Tungsten Carbide Stock and also a manufacturer of End Mills and burs.

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Thanks Tom,

I emailed them will post response if I get what I am after, I also found a supplier in India.
If anyone has any more suppliers please shout up.

The guy I was talking to had nice 2" x 2mm long pieces that he pays $1- $2 each for but would not share he supply source!

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Member 229
posted
Try www.lotchsupply.com....these cutters are already sharpened to different angles....will fit right into your bit holder..I modified several balance staffs with these guys....stayed sharp throughout the process....I finally had to "touch up one on my mod .....good luck.

Posts: 148 | Location: Somerville, New Jersey USA | Registered: November 28, 2002
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the link, Will give them a call.
Prices look great also!. Smile

posted
I think MSC Industrial Supply Company has them but, it has been a long while since I checked.

Their number is 1-800-645-7270

Posts: 95 | Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida USA | Registered: January 16, 2006
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Thanks Tim,

Good site full of all kinds of useful items, and carbide graver section. Smile Smile

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=1728013&PMT4NO=10243190

Chris