WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Technical, Shop Talk and Internet Links  Hop To Forums  Watch Repair Questions and Answers    Demagnetizer. Found an original very nice South Bend from Lindell. Closed
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Demagnetizer. Found an original very nice South Bend from Lindell. Closed "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
It's kind of hard to work on a watch when your screwdriver/tweezers pull all the parts back out. Can anybody recommend a good demagnetizer? One that really works for under $20.00?
endusermrsnafu@yahoo.com (Pat)

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Hi Patrick, welcome to IHC185. A demagnetizer is a very useful tool, I bought mine (an antique "donut" unit) right here in the IHC members only auctions.

Otto Frei sells the Etic brand, but it's over $50. Here's a link to a prior topic which may be of interest.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
Hi Patrick,

I got one from a company called Touch4watch a while ago for 14.99 including shipping!They use to be selling on ebay.I think the package came from Egypt,but hey, it works great and looks exactly like the one for sale by Otto Frei for $55.
Good luck!

Just did a search on eBay for "Demagnetizer" and there it is! Still $14.99 .

Steve from "sunny" Sequim

Posts: 692 | Location: Washington in the USA | Registered: May 23, 2010