Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

RE: Hamilton Case, What Model & Year "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1555
posted
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me which model this case is and the year of manufacture, as this type seems to not appear in the case list. It is marked Hamilton, Keystone Watch Case, J Boss 10K Gold Filled, Railroad Model, the serial number is 43143.

Regards,
Bila

Hamilton Case

Posts: 2259 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Bila,

The case is a Hamilton Model 5 case and they were introduced in 1928 and mostly used to house the 992 movement. When the 992 stopped being manufactured the 992E replaced it so some Model 5 cases have 992E movements in them and the cases seem to have been used to about 1933. This link will help you to date the case: Hamilton Model 5 Case info

The case in your picture does not have the correct bow or crown and that’s probably why you could not identify it in the case list: Identify Your Hamilton 992 Series Factory Case!

RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks Richard for the info as I went through your great info in relation to these watches, a very good job indeed. I thought it was a model 5 but the bow kept putting me off, it looks like a mainliner bow. Who ever put it on the case did a very good job, as the colour and wear variation is exactly the same as the case itself.

Best Wishes to you for the Festive Season,
Regards,
Bila

Posts: 2259 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011