Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Another unmarked Swiss "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Ok anyone know what this movement is. It favors a lot of higher end swiss movements. It is in a 18k Case with fancy dial. Any info would help me sell it thanks.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
posted
Robert (and others)

Open face or hunter ?
Picture of the dial !
diameter ?
any case markings ?

Its not so easy to id. those european movements so please give me as much informations as possible.

As far as I can see its a Juergensen-type (not a Juergensen !) movement ca 1890 of mid quality, swiss made for the anglo-american market.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
40mm wide side to side not pendant or crown. here are pics

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted

IHC Life Member
posted

posted
Robert

Thanks for the additional pictures !

A nice gents watch (17 ligne , 10s - 12s), swiss and 'juergensen-type' 1880's, probably made by 'Aubert Freres' the maker of Juergensens raw movements but without markings it's just an educated guess, straight swiss lever escapement with a 'long arm' lever, the balance has even set screws and I am uncertain if it is a true-cut one. The smaller size explains why it has no cap jewels (and no sub seconds).
Movement is in nickel and was made for the american market, cased and sold by the well known Boston 'Bigelow Kennard & Co'.
A beautifull fancy dial !
Only thing that is wrong is the replaced hours hand.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Gerald I actually have it listed for sale I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a well known brand when I listed it so it could draw more attention.