Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Unusual Pocket Watch Case "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephan Gaal
posted
Hello all. I have had this case for a while but have been unable to find out anything about it. There are no marks on it at all. It is made from steel and has a blued finish. Appears to be for a pin set movement. Front opening is 43.5mm and back is 42.8mm. Overall it is 54mm by 16mm thick. Hinges appear bronze. There is a thin bronze ring set in the front lid which takes the crystal. There is also a bezel ring under the back lid for another crystal. The case appears to have never been used. Can anyone tell me anything about it? Any ideas what kind of movement I should look for to put in it?
TIA

Posts: 431 | Location: South Victoria, Australia | Registered: January 18, 2007
Picture of Stephan Gaal
posted
p1

Picture of Stephan Gaal
posted
p2

posted
privatley made? I find the brass bezels intersting

Posts: 47 | Location: Hamlin, New York USA | Registered: March 05, 2007
posted
Stephan,

Your case appears to be Gun Metal. Which is steel that is blued like a rifle barrel..Popular during the 1920's.. The gold filled bezel, hinges, bow and the crown would be gold filled, are a nice contrast. The rear bezel had a glass to view the movement. It makes for a nice looking 2 tone case..Your case would fit a Swiss pin set movement..

Posts: 638 | Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 22, 2002