Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Very Tall Crystal Needed "Click" to Login or Register 
Watchmaker
Picture of Leon Harris
posted
Hi All, I am in need of a very tall crystal for a fuzee watch. I need it to be 45.4mm round and 7 to 8mm High. Let me know if anybody has one or know where I could buy one.

Thanks in advance

Leon

Posts: 296 | Location: Livingston, Tennessee USA | Registered: May 20, 2006
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Leon,
I would contact William D. White and see what he can do. New Pocket Watch Crystals by William D. White
RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Also Leon, depending on the era of your Fusee, you may want to make that crystal a "Bulls Eye" type with the center area ground down. I've had luck with a seller in France that has these older styles.
But try William White first as his stuff is awesome!

Roland

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
I have communicated with Leon and did quote him a price for a new hand made fusee glass. If anyone out there has a NOS crystal that will fit his needs, please don't feel like you'd be stepping on my toes for offering it. My custom fusee & bullseye crystals cost $89.00 and as nice as they are, I recommend that people use me for those types only when all other searches have been exhausted. I would be very happy if someone here on IHC185 could find Mr. Harris a correct replacement from NOS. If you strike out Leon, let me know and I'll be glad to make one for you.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
I will check my stock of old crystals this afternoon Leon.
Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Leon here is the link to a seller I've used many times for older glass crystal.
Her name is Albertine and although this one is a smaller size than you need, just ask her for the size you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...me=ADME:B:EF:US:1123

Roland

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Watchmaker
Picture of Leon Harris
posted
Just an update on the crystal search. I have bought one but am not sure if it will be tall enough. I am still in need of a tall crystal.

Thanks for all your help.

Leon

IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Leon I have one I can send you. I will PM you

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
Watchmaker
Picture of Leon Harris
posted
Thanks Rob email sent

IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Leon I havent heard from you did you get the crystals I sent you.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006