Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Fusee Crystal "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
This watch came in for a new crystal recently. Included was a broken convex high dome which was an incorrect replacement. The original crystal type for this particular English fusee is a high lunette. Shown is the glass replacement I made using my own non-traditional technique of forming the glass to exactly replicate the profile of the original. This crystal began life as a piece of 1.2mm flat glass. I am very happy with the results and thought I would share a few images of this really nice little watch.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
The correct crystal type will visually match the case features and allow ample hand clearance.

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Another side view.

IHC Life Member
posted
Shown in cross section.

I can make correct replacement glass crystals for any antique European open face watch. Flat or concave bullseyes can be added at no extra cost.

Thanks for looking!

William

IHC Member 1902
posted
Great work William.

You qualify for genius status Smile

Mike

Posts: 575 | Location: Walsall in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 19, 2013
IHC Member 1736
posted
That is impressive!

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
posted
A true craftsman!
Paul

Posts: 317 | Location: Florida in the USA | Registered: December 07, 2009
IHC Member 1954
posted
that is awesome.i know where to get one made if I need one.i am lucky because I have collected a large amount of high dome and bullseye crystals .I do a lot of the old verge fusee watches so I always grab anything I can find.that is very neat that you can make the crystals.good job..

Posts: 203 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 11, 2014