• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help IDing a Swiss PW "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
A friend sent me these pics in hope of an honest identification for appraisal. Can someone help me with a make and a value?

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
Apparently an 18K case, but no idea as to size.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
Looks to be high-grade Swiss. I was given the name Hamann and Koch.

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
This has much of the flavor of the International watch Co. Mvt. ref p 507 of the "fat book".

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Hi Eric

A very fine swiss watch; and in undisturbed ('original') state !.

The movement is a very popular type (a late example of the 'movements with rounded bridges') sometimes named 'jJürgensen-type'. Those movements were made by Audemars, Piguet freres or Aubert freres and finished and cased for and by many great watchmakers. Perret & Co on the swiss side and Hamann and Koch (NY) were the traders/retailers.
21j; high quality finish on the steel parts; made ca 1870.
For a value: take the gold value and add $200; with one of the legendary names the same watch would be considerably better validated.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Thanks, boys. I'll pass on that info.