Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Eaton 21J Canadian Railroad watch?? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I got this 21J 5pl. Adj. Lever Set 16s "Eaton" from a British Columbia seller. It looks very highly finished, and I hesitate to disassemble and clean it until I know who made it. ANYBODY?

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The finish work on the movement seems very nicely done . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
So "WHODUNIT?"

posted
David,

I don't know who made the watch but I do know who the private label was made for. T. Eaton was the largest Canadian dept store with headquarters in Toronto. Sears bought them out about 20 years ago after the grandkids ran the business into the ground.

I have their watchman's recorder device in my collection which can be seen at

http://williamkapp.fortunecity.com/id19.htm

Happy hunting,

Bill Kapp

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
It looks suspiciously like a Waltham... but it's not quite exactly the same. It's a very interesting find.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
posted
Hi again,

Check out Larry Buchan's Canandian Private label's further down the board.

He has another Eaton and id's that movement.

Happy hunting,

Bill

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I do have some feedback that it is a Gallet movement made for Eaton.

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Hi Dave,
I have a 3 foot dial just like yours attached to the lower plate in a parts box, simply marked on the box, The Eaton Unlimited.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002