Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hermann Schiippel Zeitz "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bruce Cunha
posted
This is another pocket watch I would like to see if anyone has information on. The watch is engraved in German and says "For 25 years of diligent service 5 August 1885/1910 with the name Liebler Eisengiesserri (script is difficult to read but I think that is the name) under it. That would lead me to believe this is the "gold watch" that is typically referred to when one retired. Case is plated and movement says SOLA on it Stem wind

Posts: 83 | Location: Central Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: December 26, 2008
posted
Welcome to IHC 185 Bruce,
Would it be possible to post some shots of the movement, we may be able to tell you more about the watch then.

Hopefully someone will be able to comment on the German text for you.

The name Sola was used by Thommen I believe, I have a watch here with 'Sola' on the bridges and the trademark 'GT' in an oval.
Does your watch have 'GT' inside an oval anywhere on it?

Best regards

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
Picture of Bruce Cunha
posted
Hello and thank you John. I spent till the wee hours of the night last night exploring this web and reading the postings. I am starting to understand the magic of this hobby. Finding out information on something that links to another person (actually persons, if you add in the watch maker) life is like having a time machine.

Most appreciative of any assistance

Bruce

Here is a picture of the mechanism

Posts: 83 | Location: Central Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: December 26, 2008